Why invite your volunteers to POINT?
When you invite your volunteers to POINT, they are sent a link to create a POINT volunteer user account. A volunteer user account is required in order for volunteers to sign themselves up for your events on POINT.
It’s always better to invite volunteers versus creating a “Managed Volunteer”. “Managed Volunteers” are for people who will not use POINT to sign themselves up for your events. However, you can still use Managed Volunteers to track volunteer data and activity without requiring your volunteers to use POINT.
Before you get started
To invite a volunteer to join your organization, you will need their:
- their name
- their email
There are two ways to invite volunteers to join your organization on POINT:
- You can manually type in their name and email address
- You can upload a CSV file containing multiple names and email addresses.
How to manually invite volunteers to join your organization on POINT
Step 1. Click on the “+ Quick Add” button in the navigation bar.
Step 2. Click on “Invite Volunteers”
Step 3. In the “Send Invitations” dialog, click “Add individually”
Step 4. Enter their First Name, Last Name, Email Address
Additional options before invitation (Optionally):
- To manually add more volunteers click "Add another" and a new field for inviting a volunteer will appear. (If you added too many fields, just delete it.)
- Associate volunteers with Groups. Optionally select one or more groups to add the volunteers to automatically.
Step 5: Click “Sent Invite by Emails”.
That’s it! POINT will automatically send your volunteer(s) an invite email.
How to invite a CSV file of volunteers to join your organization on POINT
Step 1: Download the CSV template
Step 2: Add your volunteers to the CSV template.
- The first row must contain the headers. Please don’t edit this row.
- Your data should begin in row 2.
- Please delete the example row provided in the template and add your own data.
- Note: the “group” column is optional.
- If you want to add volunteers to a group, the group name must match exactly what is already in POINT. It is case-sensitive.
Step 3. Click on the “+ Quick Add” button in the navigation bar.
Step 4. Click on “Invite Volunteers”
Step 5. Click the “Upload a CSV file” button
Step 6. Select the file you just created that contains your volunteer data.
Step 7: Optionally select one or more groups to add the volunteers to automatically.
Step 8: Click “Sent Invite by Emails”.
Having issues invitation volunteers? You can check for errors here
What does the email look like that my volunteers receive?
POINT will automatically send your volunteer(s) and email that looks something like this:
- For users who don't have created a POINT account
- For users who have created a POINT account
Where can I find the volunteers I invited to join us on POINT?
Admins can see which volunteers have been invited in their dashboard:
Step 1. Go to Contacts
Step 2. Filter by “Invite Sent” or “Invite Pending”
- Volunteers with an “Invite Sent” status have received an invitation email but have not yet created a POINT account.
- Volunteers with an “Invite Pending” status have created a POINT account, but haven’t accepted your invitation to join your organization yet.
Questions? Email us at email@example.com.